Saturday, July 27, 2024

July Staycation

 Time flies when you're having fun, apparently. I am grossly behind on this entry and I've determined that the only way I'm going to catch up and complete this entry and be happy about it is if I start from where I left off and divide this task over the next few days before I go back to work. So without further delay, my last entry was June 13th  and that weekend was a lovely 4 day weekend: Friday, I did some laundry, booked a hotel in Cape Cod for Emilee and I's trip in July, took a 1/2 barre class, and spent the evening with the Goss family. We went for one of our top down deer spotting jeep rides, had Tremont for dinner and hung out in the basement. Saturday, I vacuumed the house, took the other half of the barre class, made my avocado salad and headed to Cornish to have dinner with Mike and Mason (my first time meeting him), Jan and Buzz, Mary Ann and Tony. It was nice meeting them and hanging out. Sunday, I did some laundry, hung out with the Dickerson's in Windsor and went home to hang out with Mike (getting funny Maebs pics). Monday, I washed my bedding, grabbed some groceries, and got black betty serviced. It was a super expensive service as their recommendations changed all of a sudden but needless to say, I may have an alternative moving forward. 

The following weekend was a much needed reprieve from the busy social life. Saturday, Mike and I went for a walk on the rail trail out to Mascoma Lake and grilled for dinner. Sunday, we grabbed groceries and I braced myself for severe storms that passed us by at the last minute. We went to the airport to storm watch but returned disappointed. Not long after returning, lightning struck close by and blew a transformer, scaring the ever living shit out of me. The day wasn't all lost as I was able to find The Poopy List lol. I had Tuesday off that week; I vacuumed the house, cleaned the girls' potty room and took a walk with Mike partially through my usual route. 

The following weekend was a busy but good social weekend. Saturday, I spent the day with Mike and Mason. We went to Bridgewater, VT to visit friends of his who just had a baby 2 months prior. We all headed to lunch in Killington to a restaurant managed by one of Mike's sisters so I got to meet her. From there, Mike, Mason and I headed to Plymouth, VT to do some exploring and we stopped to buy cheese at the Calvin Coolidge historical site. We watched Jumanji later at home. I felt like I had a little family for the day. On Sunday, I did some laundry, dishes, grabbed some groceries and had a day date with Tracicakes. We had lunch at Salt Hill and watched Archie's play The Music Man at the Lebanon Opera House. Towards the end of Monday's work day, my throat started feeling a little icky and sure enough, Tuesday morning I was sick. I had to call out of work but luckily I had Wed and Thurs off for July 4th but had to miss all the festivities (BBQ, fireworks, parade, etc). Despite being sick, I was able to vacuum the house, do dishes, and take a bubble bath on Wed. and I cleaned my bathroom Thursday. Even though I tested negative twice, I'm pretty sure I finally got the VID because a handful of people at Mike's work had tested positive. I have labs that need to be drawn soon and I'm going to see if they can detect a recent infection. Just out of pure curiosity. 

After getting through a post-sickness 12 hour Friday, I focused on heading to CT Saturday morning for the weekend for my Uncle David's 80 birthday celebration. Mike was a trooper and survived the weekend meeting a rather large chunk of my family all at once (including my mom for the first time) and also drove us down and back. Overall, it was a nice weekend and it was great seeing so much family that I hadn't seen in years; some I couldn't recall how long it had actually been. We stayed at an interesting VRBO on the CT river after the fun DJ'd party with mexican food and a giant volcano full of fireworks. The trip home was uneventful and we were good for nothing for the rest of the afternoon. Thursday was my day that work week and I got to spend it getting my very first mammogram (not bad AT ALL), a little check in with my psych NP, a nap, and running a few errands. 

The following weekend, on Saturday, I vacuumed the house, did the dishes, and did half a barre class before Mike and Mason came over for dinner. Mike made his pizza while Mason and I played NES classic. We watched almost an entire movie before they called it a night. Sunday, I did some laundry before Mike and I headed to Gilford to see the Dirty Heads and Slightly Stoopid. We stopped at Cielito's in Bristol for delicious Mexican food. We were a little late and unfortunately missed the Elovators but got to see most of the Common Kings' set. It was a good show with a front row view and I have to admit I enjoyed the Dirty Heads the most. I'm super glad I took the following day off to sleep in a bit. I was planning to check in at work to see if they needed me but I never did; I just putzed around while Mike was doing divorce mediation. Overall, it went ok and some progress was made and afterwards, we went to Cornish to have dinner with Jan and Buzz. On the way home, we stopped at Langwood farm in Cornish to explore. 

Last Friday was the start of my July semi-staycation. Friday morning, Emilee and I drove to Cape Cod for our second annual summer girls weekend. We made a pit stop in New London for breakfast. The drive was slow going and we didn't make it to our hotel until almost 6 PM. We freshened up and headed to Ptown for dinner and to explore. Dinner was delicious and the exploring was absolutely amazing...wild place. Saturday, we got up and got ready then headed to breakfast. Afterward, we headed to Herring Cove Beach for a few hours then back to the hotel for a little pool time. We went back to the hotel to stream Maddy's Lion's Cup game then we went back to Ptown for dinner and to walk around a bit more and take it all in. Sunday, we checked out and started the journey back home with a gas and breakfast pitstop and a little detour through Mashpee to pick up some gourmet donuts. Once home (after almost leaving Emilee at the park and ride), I settled in and relaxed with Mike. Monday, I slept in, vacuumed the house, and had a dinner date/board meeting with Geoff, Chloe, and Natalie. Tuesday, I met Dayna and Cory in Concord and we headed to Boston for our Blink 182 at Fenway adventure. They put on a great show and we walked back to the hotel to house cheesecake. Wednesday, I was back home early afternoon and I did some laundry and the dishes before calling it a night. Thursday, I had a little visit from Mike after he left work then I headed out to run some errands (went back to Langwood), once home, I did some computer stuffies and took a walk. Friday, I started this entry, cleaned the girls' potty room then headed to ctown to pick up Simone. We went to Lui Luis for dinner then saw Twisters in the theater. We stayed up late watching movies so we slept in a bit this morning then got ready and bebopped around West Leb for breakfast and shopping. We went to Mary Ann and Tony's for dinner and to hang out with a little outing for ice cream. We stayed up late watching movies again and that pretty much concludes this entry. Our plan tomorrow is visiting a swimming hole in Perkinsville, VT with the Dickersons, Mike and Mason.  

Mike responded to a fellow fireman's MI on July 4th but he did not make it. 

The 2024 Summer Olympics started Friday!

Maebs' second gotcha day was Monday <3

Trump was almost assassinated on 7.13 at a rally. 

Biden dropped out and Harris is now running against Trump. Buckle up.

Funk music is fun.

No comments: