Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Last Weeks Of Summer

 My motivation continues to wan as I let time slip through my fingers so I will be tackling this entry in a few different sittings starting tonight (9.8) and will be publishing hopefully  by Wed., my day off this week. I also didn't get out of bed by close to noon today (oops) so I may as well give this a little start because otherwise, I will continue to procrastinate and I'm not quite ready to give this up completely although, I've considered switching to an easier, more efficient style. Anywho, one would think that sleeping in so late would leave not a lot of time for productivity and one would be correct. I did, however, manage to wash my sheets, have a late lunch and shop with M&M, grab some groceries and have a movie night with him after drop off. Starting this counts for something as well. Yesterday was also a lovely day. I slept in a bit and migrated to the couch for relaxing coffee time. I vacuumed, cleaned up the kitchen, went for a walk then got ready and headed to Windsor for an evening with the Dickersons. M&M eventually joined us and we just hung out, played, and ate nachos and pizza.

Last weekend was another 4 day weekend due to my regular day off following Labor Day. I got to kick it off with a trip to Boston to see Incubus at the Garden with Mike, Emily, Jen and Luke. We stayed at the Marriott a block away and also found a spot close by for a really yummy dinner. The show was amazing and I had a lot of fun but ultimately woke up the following morning with a bad headache exacerbated by lack of sleep. We had breakfast at the hotel and made our way to check out. Made a few stops before getting home and aside from one quick errand, I was good for nothing for the rest of the day. I did, however, house a piece of boston cream pie before calling it quits. Monday, I mega slept in, vacuumed the house, then got ready and headed for Cornish. MA&T were hosting an impromptu BBQ at their house to celebrate Jan's horse race win. Grabbed a few groceries at the store before getting home. Tuesday, I prepped a green salad and headed into work to hang out for a bit for Erica's going away potluck. I'm so sad she isn't happy any longer. Maybe it'll inspire me to take a chunk of time off. I ran a few errands from there, popped into Hanover for a haircut, then grabbed some groceries before heading home for the evening with Mike. I am very much in love.

I was at the tail end of my July summer staycation when I last left off. I spent the last day at a swimming hole in Vermont with Simone, Mike, Mason, and the Dickersons. We relaxed, played, had snacks and bevvies, and jumped off some ledges. I brought Simone home to her dad afterward and headed home. I got ready to go back to work and relaxed with Mike for the rest of the evening. My day off was Tuesday that week; I had an eye exam, grocery shopped, did some laundry, vacuumed the house, meal prepped and cleaned up the kitchen.

The following weekend was a home weekend with Mike. He helped me organize the second bedroom and set up the spool bed. I did some laundry, some dishes, and ran some errands. Sunday, I did some laundry and had an outing in Claremont with Mike and his friend Emily. It's a bit of a complex situation that I won't go into too much detail at the moment but I'm feeling that it'll resolve with time and when she becomes my close friend too. Mike and I finished off the day with the Breaking Bad finale. 

I had Wednesday off that week. I spent my first night at Mike's place after having dinner with Jan and Buzz Tuesday night as the goal Wednesday was the emptying of Mike's shop. He worked most of the day with Buzz, MA &T and moved so much stuff. His work ethic is truly something to be marveled. I hung out with Jan and helped unload truckloads; I couldn't help at the shop because she would have seen me on camera and the timing was just not good. I headed home midafternoon to do our HOA deposit as Geoff was out of the country and vacuumed the house. 

I started my August Summer staycation on the 17th. Much like previous vacations, I'll put it in more of a list format: 

 Sat: made banana bread, did the dishes, and hosted M&M for dinner (pizza) and a movie (Inside Out).   Sun: chatted with Ashley on the phone about my spiraling, took a walk and bubble bath, did some laundry and hung out with Mike.                                                                                                           Mon: ran some errands, did some cooking and watched movies with sicky Mike.                               Tues: did some laundry and dishes, took a walk and caught a ride with Mike to Cornish because he was meeting someone to sell something. We ended up having dinner with J&B.                                       Wed: went to Cornish to hang out with M&M and attend Jan's dinner party where she revealed a very pricey commissioned painting of her beloved horse Magic.                                                               Thurs: Maddy officially moved into her dorm for her first year at CSC so popped in to visit for a bit. Went for a walk when I got home.                                                                                                           Fri: vacuumed the house, did computer stuffies, cleaned my bathroom, and met M, my mom and Rod at Poor Thom's to celebrate their marriage. I spent the night with M in Cornish.                                   Sat: M&M and I went to the Cornish Fair and it was super fun. We rode the rides, got tattoos and ate yummy food. Afterward, we hung out by the fire before I headed home.                                             Sun: ran some errands and was pretty lazy otherwise. Vacation over :(

The weekend prior to Labor Day weekend was my scheduled four day weekend. Friday, I cleaned up the kitchen, ran some errands and went for a walk. Saturday, I vacuumed the house, threw back some bevvies and played flip cup at Abby Key's house in Enfield, and went for a walk. Sunday, I did some laundry, ran some errands, did 30 minutes of barre, and spent the evening with Mike after he came back from his family weekend in CT with Mason. Monday, I finished up some laundry, ran some errands, did 30 minutes of Barre, and attended our yearly community HOA meeting. 

Erica has left the EP team. New Dr. Bob is nice...for now.

RIP Keto.

My house has acquired a new TV and a phenomenal soundbar.

I got my first tractor lesson.

Hess sucks.

Another school shooting. Thoughts & Prayers.   

I managed to watch some of the debate last night.

Today is the 23rd 9/11 anniversary. 

No comments: