Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Dry January, Year 2...LOST CAUSE

 Welp, I made it to January 3rd on my second dry January attempt. For some reason, I was in a better headspace this time last year (or maybe I just cared more) so last year was a success. On day 3 this year (anniversary of my dad's death), I just said screw it and decided to go back to a more reasonable resolution...3 pints a week and to keep up with working out. Out of the entire month, I've had one successful week. Oh well. Moving on. It's Tuesday and my day off this week. I'm trying to finish this before a follow up appointment with a psychiatric NP. I also need to run errands and do a little meal prep. Maybe a workout but honestly, probably not because I ran last night. If there's time, working towards getting rid of my old laptop finally. This past weekend was quiet and so what I need for my mental health. I only left my house once Sunday evening to go to the chopper for ice and whipped cream. Saturday, I vacuumed the house, started laundry, did half a barre class and took a bubble bath. Sunday, I took the rest of the barre class, did a pile of dishes, and washed all my bedding. 

I last left off right after the new year. That first weekend was another quiet weekend but proved to be a promising start to a new year as I was asked out by a traveling CRNA that Friday monring. I wasn't really super attracted to him but I eventually decided to give it a try. We chatted throughout the weekend (Saturday, I vacuumed the house and grocery shopped; Sunday, I did laundry, meal prepped, did dishes, took a bubble bath and assembled the girls' new cat condo) and we decided to meet for coffee Monday evening. That went well so we decided to have dinner at Kotos Wednesday evening and it was effectively over for me after he cried, discussed religion and admitted he voted for Trump not once, but twice. Big NOPE. It also didn't help that he seemed to want to move faster than originally discussed. Anyways, that day off wasn't completely wasted as I paid some bills, prepared an HOA deposit and met with Geoff to finally pass the torch to him (he officially got the keys and debit card this past Saturday). Never will I ever waste one more minute of my time on a Trumper.

The following weekend was another quiet one. Saturday, I vacuumed the house, did laundry and the dishes, computer stuffies, and living room yoga. Sunday, I grocery shopped, meal prepped and did a living room workout. My day off that week was Thursday; I got my hair cut finally, did a little shopping at jcrew while I had more time in the meter and befriended gay employees. I asked one of them to email me his senior thesis about the emergence of AIDS in America after I heard him discussing it. It peaked my interest as the Reagan administration largely ignored it. I spent the rest of the day establishing care via zoom with a psychiatric NP and I also did half a barre class. 

The following weekend was also quiet. Saturday, I vacuumed the house, did dishes, and did the last half of the barre class. Saturday evening, I went to Ctown to celebrate Emilee's birthday. A last minute change prompted me to miss dinner but I met up with them for drinks at Time Out and the Imperial. Sunday, I did laundry, took the same barre class again, ran some errands and meal prepped. The week that followed, I felt down in the dumps because I had a heavy period and had started taking a doubled dose of my paxil which I realize now made me feel worse before I felt better. Although it's hard to tell if I felt bad because of the dose change or my hormones but realistically, it was probably both. Either way, it took all I had to get through the work week to my 4 day weekend.

Friday started with me being an absolute slug and it just continued for the entire day...I couldn't bring myself to even shower or clean the cat box. I felt like emotional poo but, in retrospect, I really needed a day with absolutely no agenda. It's what I needed and I should do it more often. It's ok. Everything will be ok. Saturday, I had breakfast at the Fort with the Dickersons. I felt better so I did dishes, some laundry, and cleaned the girls' potty room. Sunday, I went to Windsor to hang out with the Dickersons then grabbed some groceries before going home. Monday, I vacuumed the house, meal prepped, and started going through my old laptop which took me down memory lane for a bit. 

Ok, I need to run some errands.

Donald Trump is the biggest piece of shit that currently exists. He is not immune. Someone, however, in Kuwait loves him...lol. 

The girls love their new cat condo.




No comments: