Sunday, November 19, 2023

Long Winter Ahead

 A few days late but here we go. I'm currently digging my new EP schedule...I'm currently nearing the end of day 3 of my 4 day weekend. It is consistently inconsistent because my day off changes every week and the pattern results in a 4 day weekend every 5 weeks. I haven't accomplished most of what I needed to this weekend but I have tomorrow and I'm also learning to be ok with it. Tonight, I plan to finish this and take a barre class and that should be good enough for government work. I've vacuumed my house, did computer stuff and spent lots of time snuggling with the girls. Friday, I did a pile of dishes and spent the evening at the Goss house. They had a rough week and I felt a little hangout was in order. Yesterday, I went to my mom's for a Thanksgiving/Denise meets Rod for the first time get together and it was interesting to say the least. Within 30 minutes, I was crying and looking to leave due to a snide covid comment my mom made but she followed me to my car and we talked it out. I'm really trying but I'm really struggling. I'm shocked by her level of denialism and I'm not sure how much my mental health can take. Regardless, I ended up staying until 930 chatting about lots of other subjects. 

Last weekend was pretty decent. Saturday, I headed to Newbury for an appointment and made my way home afterwards via Newport because I wanted a grinder. I stopped to say hi to Grammy, bashed Trump while Brian made my sandwich (pleasant surprise), made a detour down Summer st then headed home to vacuum the house, do laundry, run errands and make beef stew. My day off earlier that week was Thursday and I slept in, did laundry and the dishes, watched Accepted, did a living room workout and took a bubble bath. Sunday, I popped down to Windsor to go to a presentation by their neighbors on researching old houses. It was really interesting and we ended up finding some interesting events around their house. I went home and took a barre class and called it a night. 

I last left off the weekend before my glorious annual 2 week October vacation) I will make it more of an outline form as opposed to a paragraph as I've done in the past...it'll be a little lengthy but I'll try to rein it in but some days were busier than others). That Sunday, I did laundry, went for a walk, and grocery shopped. Monday, I cleaned my bathroom, meal prepped and went to Maddy's soccer game. 

My glorious 2 week vacation went from Oct 21 to Nov 5 this year and it didn't disappoint. Well, that's not entirely true but overall, it was delightful. Here starts the aforementioned outline form:

Sat: made a mean batch of guac to take to the Currier's Halloween bash. It was pretty fun especially because all my peeps were there. Yummy food, fun costumes and bevvies. Kristy gave me a stellar cat face.                                                            

Sun: cleaned the girls' potty room, did a pile of dishes and took a bubble bath.

Mon: therapy appt., washed all my bedding, grocery shopped, descaled my coffee maker and took a pilates class.

Tues: took apart and reassembled my coffee maker after my improper descaling process tripped the internal thermostat, took a walk

Wed: cleaned the volcano and headed to Monadnock Park to watch Charlie's soccer game (Maddy's was going on also and she scored a goal).

Thurs: cleaned my grill and actually used it to cook chicken sausage while watching a hot air balloon hover over the neighborhood, took Quinn in for a check up and cut all my dead hostas. 

Fri: took a warm, sunny walk then got ready to head to ctown for the weekend. Had Tremont for dinner and relaxed before bed. 

Sat: We all got up, I made coffee and got ready for the day once I was caffeinated and we had a plan. We headed to leb for mini golf, lunch at Chili's, target, BAM, the pet store and Starbucks. We ran to walmart once we were back home to get brownie stuff. We played heads up, watched a movie and ate leftovers for dinner. 

Sun: I got up to see Charlie off to his game and hung with the girls until the Goss parental units returned from their weekend away. They were sweet and bought me flowers and ice cream. They headed off to Natalie's baby shower and I headed home to get organized, take care of the girls, and shower before heading to Ctown again for Maddy's soccer game. After their win, I came home and crashed lol.

Mon: I did laundry, computer stuff, grocery shopped and a living room workout. 

Tues: the Dickersons came trick or treating although I ended up with a Katie's cookie and got Cory to move my bookcase down to the basement. I meal prepped and finally finished assembling my TV stand all the while getting 1 trick or treater. 

Wed: living room deep clean, did a pile of dishes and ended the day watching Maddy's championship soccer game livestream as it was in Manchester. They lost by 1 with penalty kicks after double OT...excellent game. 

Thurs: cleaned out my garage and took a barre class. 

The remainder of my fall vaca warrants a traditional run on paragraph as it was our trip to Newport, RI for our 40th birthdays. Friday morning, I packed, got ready and headed to the park and ride outside New London to pick up Emilee. We had breakfast at Tucker's, started a tiktok in front of CSC then hit the road. We hit some traffic so we didn't check in to our hotel (Newport Bay Club and Hotel) until 430ish. We got settled in our room and decided to walk down to where the Cliff Walk starts to take pictures and finish the tiktok video with shots in hand. We walked back to the hotel and decided to head next door to the Oyster Bar for dinner. We got ready and headed to another bar for a drink, left after 1 to explore in the opposite direction but ultimately decided to head back to the hotel after one place required a cash cover. We had a few in the bar underneath the hotel and called it a night after some drunk shenanigans. Saturday, we got up and got ready and headed out to find some breakfast which we brought back to the hotel. We walked back to Cliff Walk and took it to the Breakers before turning around and heading back to the hotel (making pitstops for liquor and fudge). We had an early dinner in the hotel's restaurant and had a quieter evening although we drank just as much and continued the shenanigans in the form of pictures and videos. Had to return to the hotel bar to get drunk. Sunday, we got up and got ready to check out and hit the road back home. I grabbed a 6 dollar coffee for the road and we made an interesting stop at the cheesecake factory in Providence for lunch. Once I was home, I unpacked and went back out to grab some groceries for the return to work and reality. Overall, it was fun but nothing I want or can do all the time. I learned more interpersonal details about Emilee's life in recent times and I don't have the energy to get into it but daaaaaaamn, that shit is fucked up.

Time for Barre.

Granny would have been 100 this past Tuesday.

RIP Rosalynn Carter

Still pull free :)

No comments: