Monday, September 4, 2023

Hot As Balls Labor Day

 Today marks the unofficial end of summer and to that, I say, what fucking summer?! It was either raining or hot as hell and I was either working, sleeping, or pisspoorly managing my time. Cool. I hope it at least feel somewhat summery for the remainder of this month. Speaking of this month, I last minute decided that my body (not my mind) badly needs another dry month abstaining from ice cream. It's very sad but I will have to do this occasionally if I'm going to otherwise be out of control with my sweets intake. By out of control, I mean 4-5 pints of ice cream per week because I have run out of fucks in this life. I went to prehab last Thursday to run for the first time in a month and I was ounces away from my maximum allowed weight. I haven't been this heavy in years. Not ok. By the time I write my next entry, hopefully I will have maintained this promise to myself plus kept up with workouts (failing so far this weekend) and accomplished things on my todo list.

Despite the laziness, this weekend has been pretty decent. Saturday, I slept in and had lazy time on the couch. I vacuumed the house then decided to last minute accept an invite from Lauren to a cookout where she is staying (Erin's parent's house in Plainfield). It was a small fun group and I'm glad I forced myself to get out of the house, relax and be social with some bevvies. Stomps and Andrew, Micaela and Tom were there (Tom and Lauren have broken off things with their partners and are now together). Sunday, I got up (feeling a little hungover...I'm old) and met Emilee, Maddy and Devin for breakfast at the Fort. They came to my house for a bit so Emilee and I could discuss and start planning our trip to Newport, RI this fall. I had plans to accomplish more yesterday but it turned out to be a little random as Chloe came over to help me start mouseproofing my house. They did the same technique at their place and so far, it's been a success. I found a dead mouse in the green trap the other week and I'm just so sick of it. I managed to finally clean my showerhead and my todo list took a backseat when I discovered after doing some random family searches an app that has all the generations that came before all 8 of my great grandparents all the way to European immigrants. I'm astounded that I found this and I've spent several hours going down wormholes. If only I didn't work full time. Needless to say, I haven't accomplished a whole lot today. I've done one load of laundry, a pile of dishes and I should probably take a break from this and run to the grocery store because it's after 7. Oops.

I last left off August 3rd and mentally was not doing so hot. I went back to work for my first official CRU day that Friday and ended up not being able to leave until 1030 PM because we were waiting for beds. I got up Saturday morning and got ready to head to Ctown to pick up Simone for a sleepover. I dropped off my bike to get serviced, picked her up then headed back to my house. We did some shopping, hung out then met Dayna, Cory and Lyd for dinner at Molly's. After dinner, we got some ice cream and saw Barbie at the nugget (so good)! Simone didn't care for it because I think she was expecting something a little different and she's also too young to get the historical context and feminist themes. Thankfully Allison texted me because I somehow had missed the fact that I was on call Sunday for 10 hours so I had to bring Simone home after the movie. Between that and Friday night was the last straw for me so since then, I've officially become a fulltime EP nurse. It took a littler over 8 years, but the cath lab burned me out and I'm just not willing to give anymore of life to that place. Concurrently, I learned that my house will be paid off in 3 years so I will be making major life changes at that point to salvage was happiness I have left. It's been a mentally busy month so I'll just leave it at that. Sunday, we worked all day of course. Monday, I had a meet and greet via zoom with a new therapist (thank you, Natalie), vacuumed the house, had dinner at the Baited Hook with the Dickersons, grabbed some groceries and did the dishes. 

The following weekend was fairly uneventful. Saturday, I did some laundry, vacuumed the house and did a living room workout. Sunday, I did more laundry and computer stuffies. Lauren stopped by with 2 pints of ice cream and a very sweet card. I have very supportive friends. I wrote in a card for the Curriers, took a bubble bath and painted my nails then called it a day. Mon, I bought some groceries, did some meal prep for the week and a pile of dishes, took a walk and sat through a neighborhood meeting without Exact. 

The following weekend began my August vacation. I decided I would ask for that Friday off  and I'm really glad I did. I also got to leave a bit early on Thursday. I met JD for a beer at Ziggys after work Thursday. We had been meaning to hook up for a while to transfer a sample pack of goodness. The rest of my vacation went as follows:                                                                                                         Friday: I did some laundry, cleaned the girls' potty room and took a barre class.                         Saturday: I vacuumed the house and scooted to ctown to pick up my serviced bike. I also went to Leos, bought food for shelter kittens, and grabbed a coffee before going to the Goss household. We had some good basement time and we watched Charlie win his soccer championship.                                               Sunday: Did some laundry and read a book (first half on the deck).                                                           Monday: I had therapy then headed to Warner to hang out with my mom and Denise. We had pizza for lunch then went for a short walk. I'm scared that Rod is just an older T-bag. Bought groceries before going home.                                                                                                                                                   Tuesday: Did a pile of dishes and went for a walk.                                                                                       Wednesday: I made macaroni and cheese in my new casserole dish and finally made my Xander collage. I miss him so much.                                                                                                                         Thursday: I got my car detailed in WRJ. While it was being done, I went for a walk and got breakfast at TukTuk. I ran a few errands before heading home to get ready to go to Gilford to see The Movement, Atmosphere, Sublime with Rome, and Slightly Stoopid. Front row, great show. The only thing I didn't care for was the dick grazing my ass. Get your fucking hands off me.                                                         Friday: I filled out a formal application for EP and cleaned my disgusting bathroom.                                 Saturday: I vacuumed the house and was quite lazy otherwise.                                                                   Sunday: I did some laundry, went for a walk, ran some errands and grabbed some groceries.                   Monday: Unfortunately, I didn't write down what I but from what I recall, I did a pile of dishes and washed/scrubbed my front and storm door. I think I also did a living room workout.               

Trump was indicted...again.

I love the girls.

I want to be a genealogist.

I love getting rid of shiz.

No comments: