Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Happy Birthday, MURICA

It's nice to have an extra day off for a major holiday but it just feels like the week has just been shifted because I'm on call Saturday and most likely will be working all day anyways so I guess it doesn't really matter. Sigh. Anywho, the money is nice but I don't want to work the entire 24 hours because I have a party to prep for. It's been raining A LOT lately so it was nice that the weather somewhat cooperated today so we were able to go outside for a little bit. I went to Dayna and Cory's to hang and eat and drink with guacamole and strawberries in tow with the rest of their family. I was there for about 6 hours and I'm trying to knock this out so I can feel accomplished and can shower and eat more food. The rest of this weekend was fairly low key. Saturday, I went to Newbury for an appointment and stopped in Newport on the way home to say hi to Grammy and place my grinder order for the party. Once I got home, I put my registration stickers on my car, vacuumed the house and put my AC in (my house was 65 by the following morning). Sunday, I did a pile of dishes and washed my bedding. Yesterday, I got my car inspected in the morning, went to the grocery store, went for a walk and cleaned my bathroom. I made guac before I went to bed. 

Life was better when I last left off...my Philly trip was behind me and summer had just begun and I felt like I could focus more and look forward to my birthday. I worked a full week after the trip (including a minimal sleep call shift) but come Friday afternoon, I felt like I was coming down with something. Saturday morning, I had no doubt I was getting sick. I managed to vacuum the house but that was the last productive thing (other than stocking up on wet cat food) I was able to do for a week. It continued to get worse until I finally ended up at urgent care first thing Monday morning. I tested negative for flu, strep, and the VID so it was some sort of nasty virus I probably picked up in my travels. Even though I felt terrible, I managed to stock up on some things at Target before going home. Tuesday was pretty terrible and by Wednesday evening (my 40th), I felt like I could have more luck sleeping (the previous 2 nights were rough because my tonsils were ginormous). My peeps came through for me, Jess dropped off some cough syrup, Slim dropped off more covid tests and my mom brought more supplies on my birthday. Thursday, I felt like the worst was behind me and I mustered the energy to do the dishes and take a bubble bath. Friday, I washed my bedding. Saturday was when it fell apart more because Heather and I got into a big fight over Claremont Christian Academy's website's homophobic "statement of faith" which was all for nothing because thankfully Simone will not be attending. She told me I abandoned her and Simone and that I've abused her more than Dave ever did. I'm not going to rehash it but I ended up crying to Uncle David on the phone for a while before gathering myself to go to Grace's 8th grade graduation party. The party was a good thing when I finally got there; it helped me keep my mind occupied and it was nice to see Christina and chat with her for a bit. The next day, I ended up going to the farm for a night to talk everything out with David and Pauline. They were incredibly helpful and I'm so thankful for their time and guidance. I got home Monday evening just in time to get ready for the work week. I don't know what's going to happen but we all need help. I'm going to get help for me, not with the goal of mending any relationships. All I know is that Heather is unwilling and incapable of doing anything that would fix us.

The following weekend was a forced low key weekend because it took all the energy and tolerance I had to get through 4 days of work. Both Saturday and Sunday, I didn't get out of bed until 1 PM. Saturday, however, I did manage to vacuum the house, do a load of laundry, a living room workout, and computer stuffies and Sunday, I managed to wash all my bedding and go for a walk. Monday, I ran errands, did the dishes, meal prepped and took a barre class in my living room.

Last weekend, I got up Saturday morning and headed to Warner to hang out with Denise for a few hours. I got to meet her 2 new little kittens. I thought we were going to witness the demise of Putin but the mutiny was called off, unfortunately. Once I got home, I wasn't feeling particularly motivated but I did manage to vacuum the house and do a load of laundry. Sunday, I was on call and worked most of the day (JJ's last call weekend!) but we did not have to come back in at night. I was able to do a barre class and a pile of dishes. Monday, I ran some errands, took a bubble bath and did a few things to prepare my house to be pressure washed. 

As of June 5th, I've lived an entire year without my Xander. I miss him.

Jodie Fennessy passed and although I've never met her, I'm quite saddened by it.

I've been dabbling in Pink Floyd radio.

It better not rain on the 15th.

No comments: