Tuesday, May 2, 2023

May the 4th Be With You.

 Technically, it's the 2nd (for the next 21 minutes) but that's the title that popped into my head. Not only is Friday Cinco de Mayo, but it's little Maebel's first birthday. Sweet little Baebel. Anywho. I'm on call so I figured I'd do this instead of tossing and turning...a pointless and colossal waste of time. May as well be productive if I'm not going to sleep. I do, however, feel tired so I'm going to focus and knock this out because the longer I wait to try, the more unpleasant tomorrow will be. So let's start with this past weekend. I was on call for 24 on Saturday. They were finishing a STEMI when my call shift started so I dragged my butt in for 0745. We worked until about 4 so I decided to head to prehab for a run...I got 3 minutes in and the pager went off. We were done about 2130 and I had remained determined to finish the run so I dragged myself to prehab and knocked it out. I was so proud of myself. Because I had no plans Sunday, I didn't attempt to sleep until about 0200 and thankfully, I stayed home for the rest of the night. I woke up around 0730 and just had a feeling so I double checked my call schedule app and sure enough, I was still listed as on call. After that was rectified, I decided to go back to bed. When I opened my eyes, it happened to be 430 in the afternoon (oops). I got up and had coffee time and managed to do a few things before going back to bed. I vacuumed the house, had dinner and took a bubble bath among a few other tasky things. Yesterday, I cleaned the girls' potty room, meal prepped (poorly), ran errands, did a large pile of dishes and a living room workout. I also cleaned and set up the mouse trap as it caught a mouse (who clearly had eaten poison) last week. Finding the entry point would make me so happy. 

Last weekend was a Simone weekend. On Saturday, Simone had her first softball game at Monadnock so I went to watch that before taking her home for the night. We got settled at home, ordered chinese food then did some birthday shopping until the food was ready. We hung out and watched TV for the rest of the evening until we went to bed. Sunday morning, we got up and hung out for a bit then headed out for breakfast at Dunkys. We did some more shopping at the Powerhouse, Kohls, and Famous Footwear for some crocs with flair lol. We hung out for a bit at home then had a late lunch/early dinner at 5 Guys (she's a fan). More chillin at home before I had her back at Dave's for 630. When I got back to town, I did my grocery shopping before calling it a day. Monday, I vacuumed the house, did a pile of dishes, some laundry including all my bedding, renewed my nursing license (still no audit!), and finished the day with a Barre class. 

The previous weekend is coming back to me (I forgot to add it to my note in real time). The weather was beautiful but I ended up doing stuffies and staying inside most of the day. I did, however, sit outside for a few in the afternoon but came back in because I was too cold. There was some HOA drama related to an insurance claim so I spent some time talking to Jamie (our property manager) and Amy came over to share her side of the story. She is such a mean girl and I've come close a few times to telling her what I think of her but I've refrained. It would be futile; it would feel good in the moment but I'd just end up feeling like shit in the long term. They are almost out of here so it's soon to be a nonissue. Sunday was a very unusually quiet 10 hour call shift (due to Dr. Jayne being reasonable) so I got some things done and took advantage of the weather by taking a walk. My elderly neighbor Gwen was out walking too and she tripped and fell hard on the sidewalk. Luckily, my other neighbor witnessed it and called for an ambulance. I haven't heard anything since then so I'm assuming she's ok. On Monday, I spring cleaned my living room and did a living room workout. 

The previous weekend, I did my Saturday stuffies plus a living room workout. Sunday was Easter so I headed to the Dickerson house for the day for a decadent and delicious brunch spread. Luckily the weather was perfect for an easter egg hunt. I took dessert home and called it a day. On Monday, I ran errands, grocery shopped, meal prepped and took a walk.

The previous weekend is where I left off last (my last entry was a Saturday). Sunday, I was on call for 10 and worked most of the day. When we were done, I went for a prehab run and headed home to clean my bathroom before calling it a day. Monday, I cleaned the girl's potty room, ran errands and meal prepped.

The youngest old cat lady (Ashley Morrison) committed suicide on Easter. 

My dad would have turned 80 on April 27th.

Tucker Carlson got canned from Faux News.

The new patient tower is officially open.


No comments: