Saturday, December 10, 2022

Shrimp Saturday

 When my call weekend rolls around, I try just to a 24 because the entire weekend is just too much. I usually get rid of Friday (hell no to Friday nights) and Saturday and just do Sunday because I have Monday off to recover. This weekend, I am doing Saturday instead of Sunday and I kind of like it better. I'm 1 of 4 instead of 3 and when this shift is over, I still have 2 days left of my weekend. I am super looking forward to having a restful Sunday at home with the girls. Speaking of the girls, they are snugged with me on the couch enjoying my new heated throw blanket almost as much as I am. I'm sure they'd rather be eating shrimp (hence shrimp saturday) but it's still thawing on the counter. I love them so much. And I miss Xander so much. I really don't want to be called in tonight but what will be will be. We put in almost a full day and I went to prehab before coming home.

My last entry was the first weekend in November so picking up from there...I had only been back at work for a week after my October vacation so I was feeling fantastic still, but unfortunately that post-vacation high only lasts for about a month before I start feeling burnt out again. I have to make it to March before I get more time off (self-inflicted as I want to build up my ET) which may be hard because I don't get time off for Christmas and New Year's because the hitch is recognizing the holidays on my normal day off. Oh well, I digress. So, back to the second weekend in November. Saturday, I picked up Sheila and headed down to Kristy's house for a surprise 70th birthday party for their dad (little man, big birthday lol). It was fun; we all just hung out, ate, and drank. I was on call for 10 the following day and worked most of the day, making a prehab pitstop before going home. Did a pile of dishes before calling it a day. Monday, I got a massage in the morning (subsequently moving through the day in a fog), ran errands, vacuumed the house, meal prepped, had a pest service visit, did some computer stuffies then had a potluck with the neighbors (I brought a giant salad). It was fun to hang with the neighbors and eat lots of good food.

The following weekend was a quiet weekend at home. Saturday, I vacuumed the house, did a pile of dishes and a living room workout. Sunday, I cleaned my bathroom and the volcano and did a living room workout. Monday, I did laundry, ran errands, and another living room workout. 

I had Thanksgiving off and spent the day with the Dickersons and family in Windsor. I attempted to contribute but baked the crackers a little too long and ended up burning them. I tried. Luckily there was more than enough delicious food to make up for it. It was also super nice not to have to travel too far because I chose to work the next day. Saturday, I covered Micaela at work for a few hours then headed to Warner to hang with Denise at her new place and get filled in on the events and circumstances of what brought her there. It's amazing how big of a difference honesty and open communication can make. I got home around dinner time and had a quiet night with the girls. I was on call for 10 Sunday and pretty much worked the entire time. I ran in prehab afterwards and went home to take a nice leisurely bubble bath. Monday, I did a pile of dishes, ran errands, did some Christmas decorating and took a laterplay yoga class. 

Last weekend started with a Saturday morning phone call with Pete. I hadn't talked to him for a while so we had some catching up to do although he primarily called to tell me that Cora's daughter committed suicide. Such a sad situation. I ended up calling Cora Tuesday after work and we ended up talking for over an hour (I also hadn't talked to her in a while). I am now going to see her New Years weekend. I've been terrible at keeping in touch so I hope this is good for my soul. I think it will be. After getting off the phone with Pete, I spent the rest of the day vacuuming the house, doing a pile of dishes, and a living room workout. Sunday, I did some laundry, took a spontaneous trip to Salem, NH with the Dickersons to get donuts, and put up my tree (minus ornaments). Monday, I washed my bedding, cleaned the girls' potty room, prepared an HOA deposit, ran errands, meal prepped and took a laterplay barre class. 

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Donald Trump is the epitome of human garbage.

Out of the blue, Chewy sent me a little canvas painting of Maebel. It's adorable.

I'm super in to the Step Beats radio on Pandora. 

No comments: