Sunday, October 2, 2022

Thermostat Countdown

 It's been a pretty busy month. It only seems busy because it's been kinda just like pre-COVID times but I've gotten used to the pandemic's effect on my social life and honestly, I don't want to go back to not having any time on the weekends to breath. It's been fun but I've grown accustomed to more me time and I enjoy a more leisurely way of life outside of work and plan on holding on to that as much as possible. I could blame the busyness of life for this late entry but if we're being honest, laziness is always a factor. I would very much love to be doing other things but I am forcing myself to do this before I let more days roll by and I'm going to focus and just get it done so I can go to bed at a decent time to hopefully wake up at a decent time because tomorrow brings another long list of shit to do before another work week starts. I hopefully will be getting everything I need to done such as: errands, meal prep, cleaning my nasty bathroom (speaking of procrastination), taking a nice walk, and if there's time, cleaning the girls' potty. That can be done during the week if need be but preferably Tuesday evening if I'm not working on call. I had a nice day at home today with the girls...I vacuumed the house, did laundry, did dishes, took a laterplay barre class and took a bubble bath. Yesterday, I spent the day in Windsor celebrating Lydia's first birthday. I can't believe she's one already. She is so stinkin cute it hurts and she had a blast opening gifts, eating cake, and hanging out with her fam-bam. 

Last weekend was very tiring. Saturday, I only managed to vacuum the house before I had to start getting ready for Jess' wedding (there's that laziness factor again). I had to buy a new frame for her gift because Quinn knocked the original frame off the table and shattered the glass and broke the frame. Luckily, the matte I had everyone at work sign fit into the new frame...phew. I picked up Emilee at the park and ride in Ascutney and we headed to Chester. Their reception was at the legion with a DJ and it was pretty fun. We did some dancing, drinking, ate some yummy food and ended up going home with delicious cupcakes and donuts. I couldn't stay out too late because I was on call Sunday morning and it was a good thing because it ended up being a long day. We originally went in in for 2 NSTEMIS, got through 1 then worked on a sick STEMI for the rest of the afternoon. We left around dinner time and had to come back  for the same patient to do a tap then balloon the new stent that had clotted off. Needless to say, he didn't last much longer after leaving the lab. We weren't called in again but I still slept like shit and ended up getting out of bed at noon the next day with a raging headache. I only did the bare minimum until it was time to go to bed again.

My last entry left off the day my new couch was delivered. I was on staycation (I have 2 more weeks to go until my October 2 weeker and it can't come soon enough) and spent the remaining days doing sad, fun, and necessary things. Saturday, I did a living room workout then got ready to go to Meg's husband's funeral reception. Meg seemed to be doing ok but she was surrounded by family and friends and it's always a different story when the crowd scatters. Her home is beautiful and it was fun to finally meet Stella...I've heard recently that Stella isn't doing well so I need to follow up on that. Dave and Micaela were there so I wasn't the only cath lab member present. From there, I headed to Tracy's house in Ctown to help host a little bachelorette party for Jess. It was pretty fun but also made for a day full of different emotions ranging from sadness to silliness and alcohol-induced happiness. We ate, drank, laughed and played games. That Sunday, I recovered, vacuumed the house, did dishes, and read outside on the deck. The last day of vacation, I got my teeth cleaned, grocery shopped, brought Maebel to the vet for a booster, did a living room workout and finished the anger book.

The following weekend, I spent Saturday doing stuffies, a living room workout and started a little drama on the FB. For some reason, I started scrolling through Christeen's mother's FB and decided to make some comments because why not? She is overtly racist, dumb, and a proud member of cult Trump. Well, Christeen and I and some other hillbilly family members got into it and the Arizona Durfey's  are officially out of my life. I have decided that I can pick my own family and that anyone who supports Trump will NEVER get to lecture me about morals, decency, integrity, behavior on and off social media, and pretty much anything else ever again. Period. In the words of DJT, FUCK YOU. Sunday, I did laundry and ran errands. Monday, I made spaghetti sauce, zucchini bread, and a chicken dish.

The following weekend brought an event that Ashley and I had been waiting for for months. STING. I had an appointment in Newbury then headed home to get ready. Ashley came up here first then we headed to Gilford in black betty. We had dinner at Sawyers then parked at the venue. We found our seats, got some bevvies and waited for the show to begin. His son opened for him (we thought he was pretty decent) and the rest of the show was really good. He looked great and played everything we wanted to hear...it was pretty sweet being so close to an icon (14th row). Expensive and a late night but so worth it. The next day, I recovered, did stuffies, grocery shopped and took a Barre class. Monday, I deep cleaned my kitchen. 

The following weekend was TCT in Boston. Sara, Allison and I had Friday off so we kinda took our time leaving town stopping for breakfast in New London. We checked into our hotel, got settled then decided to walk to the convention center to scope the route and check out the venue. We caught the tail end of the nurse and tech symposium and headed back to the hotel to hang out until dinner. We pregamed at the hotel bar and called an uber to go to Ocean Prime for dinner with Brian, Jimmy, and Eric. There also was another very nice medtronic rep. Dinner was super fun, super delicious, super free and I had too much wine. We slept in a little Saturday, got ready and headed to TCT on foot, stopping on the way for breakfast. It was technically day 1 so the convention center was packed. We walked around and took it all in for a bit before making a more concrete plan. We caught a short talk by Amit, a talk on Watchman by Megan (saw Michelle beforehand) and stuck around for a bit (took a little sun siesta) to see Kaplan but we decided to leave because it ended up being an enclosed, informal career advice discussion. Overall, we felt very out of place and the content on Saturday and the rest of the weekend was very much over our heads. Our full day should have been Friday because that was geared towards us. It was fun to spend a few nights in Boston but it was a waste of a lot of money. We walked back to the hotel to relax for a bit then we ubered to Legal Seafood to attend this Medtronic reception Brian asked us to RSVP to but again, it wasn't what we thought it was going to be and it turned out to be a networking event for doctors. Oh well, more free food; we ate then peaced out. We stopped at a bar for a bevvie on the walk home then called it a night. I was exhausted...I watched a movie and passed out. We slept in a little again, had breakfast at Tatte, checked out of the hotel, walked to Mike's for pastries, ubered back to the car and went home, stopping in Concord for a pet store errand. It was hard being away from the girls for 2 nights but ok because they had each other, Dayna and Cory checked on them a few times, and I could spy on them with the pet cam. Monday, I did stuffies and grabbed groceries for the week. 

Today is my mother's birthday and I'm happy to extend the same courtesy she gave me on mine...radio silence.

Denise and Eric are splitting up...I won't go in to how that makes me feel.

Another game of when am I going to turn the heat on has officially commenced...only time will tell if I actually make it to November. 2 days down, 29 to go.

Heidi is crazy. Our friendship is over.

Hurricane Ian was a beast. 

I really miss Xander.


No comments: