Friday, August 26, 2022

Summer StayCay #2

 I am currently sitting on, wait for it, my new couch!! It's finally here and it takes up half my living room but I don't care. I am super pumped and hope the new couch smell lasts for a good long time. I got the call on Monday which worked out perfectly because I'm not working this week so I didn't have to wait for another Monday (assuming they don't deliver furniture on the weekends). Now I can plan the next phase of my home makeover which involves selling the pieces I have from Target and replacing a few. For example, I want a TV stand with a farmhouse feel and built in electric fireplace and a desk that is a big smaller and simpler. I don't want to replace the bookcase or side table. I ordered a digital picture frame this week in order to reduce the number of framed pictures I have all over my house. I just want simple. I also need to sell my recliner as my new couch is ginormous and has 3 built in recliners. Cheers to 40. While we are on the subject of vacation, let me tell you how I've spent it up until today. Saturday, I did at home Barre then got ready to go pick up Simone for the weekend. We hung out here for a bit then went out and about doing some shopping at Target, the Paper Store, and grabbed some groceries before heading home. We just relaxed, streamed movies and shows, made dinner and stayed up late. Sunday, we relaxed some more, I did a pile of dishes and made brownies. We hung out and did some swimming at Dayna and Cory's for the afternoon and grabbed some pizza at Lui Luis on the way home. We streamed more stuff and went to bed earlier than the previous night because we were getting up to meet Danielle and Madison at Yankee Candle in Deerfield in the morning. We had a good time meandering through all parts of the store with a pit stop for fudge and coffee and we ended our few hours there with a little photo booth fun. We hit up a gas station for snacks then headed back home dropping her off in Ctown on the way. I hit up Leos on the way out of town and spent the rest of the evening relaxing. Tuesday, I vacuumed my house, did some laundry, and started a book, Wednesday, I ran some errands, continued reading, and got rid of my old couch. One of my old cath lab coworkers took it to her home in Canaan (with some muscle help from my neighbors). Yesterday, I tore apart my living room and deep cleaned to get ready for the new couch. I ended the day with a nice bubble bath (Maebel did not fall in this time). After I finish this entry, I'm doing a living room workout and calling it a day. 

Last weekend was pretty quiet. I did Saturday stuffies, met Emilee for an early dinner at Lui Lui's and followed that with a walk as it was finally not too hot outside. She continues to blow me away with what she puts up with in her relationship but hopefully that is coming to a close sooner than later. Sunday, I did laundry, computer stuffies, read a book on my deck about ocean-born Mary and took a bubble bath. Monday, I dropped my car off in WRJ to get detailed, walked around town until it was done, grabbed groceries on the way home and once I was home, made a chowder for the week, cleaned my bathroom, did the dishes and concluded the weekend with a living room workout. 

The previous weekend was even more quiet. I did Saturday stuffies, don't recall what I did Sunday so it must not have been eventful and Monday, I had a pest service appointment and brought Maebel to the vet for her first check up. The pest service was indoor because I found a dead mouse in my basement at the end of July for the first time in about a year and a half. So so disappointing.

The last weekend in July is pretty much where I left off last. Saturday, I did my stuffies, grocery shopped and went for a walk. I have been listening to the January 6th hearings on my walks now and I'm starting to get more into podcasts. I was on call Sunday for a 10 hour shift and worked almost 8 of them. Once I got home, I did some laundry, a laterplay Barre class and took a bubble bath. Monday, I got my furnace serviced, ran some errands, scoped out the swimming hole on Trues Brook, and grilled my very first steak all by myself. It came out perfect. 

I've started composing my letter to my family. The book I'm reading this week is about anger and I plan to finish it first and use it as a reference as I continue to work on the letter.

Quinn and Maebel love each other and it warms my heart to see them play and bathe each other.

The FBI raided Mar a Lago looking for classified documents on Aug. 8th. Bahahahahaha. 

Meg's husband lost his battle with lung cancer last Saturday. I am devastated for her and will be going to the funeral reception tomorrow. 

No comments: