Monday, July 25, 2022

Summer StayCay #1

 I love summer and I love vacation so naturally, summer vacations are the best weeks ever to exist. Sadly, summer and vacations go by terribly fast and this week was no exception. I was supposed to do this earlier today but I no longer have the ability to put my phone down and accomplish stuff. So here we are, starting this at 5 PM on the last day of my vaca and I haven't even worked out yet. Have I mentioned I suck at life? Many times. It's also finally cool enough to go for a walk and I of course failed to do that. I did, however, fold some laundry and do some dishes. Wow. I always have grand ideas for staycation but always end up wasting all my precious free time doing a whole lotta nothin. Some may argue that that's the whole point of vacation. I mean, I did catch up on sleep. Let's just recap how this week was spent:

Sat: I got up and went to Newbury for an appointment then headed to Ctown to hang out with the Goss'. Ashley and I went out for my bday lunch at the Barn (we had planned the Common Man but they were closed) while Adam and the kids were at Julie's yard sale. Once the kids got home, we headed out for one of our drives and ended up at the Goshen Ocean and Pollard's Mills in Newport. Once we got home, we hung out in the basement for a bit. 

Sun: I did Saturday stuffies, a Barre laterplay class, and took a bubble bath.

Mon: Laundry, grocery shopping, and a living room workout.

Tues: More laundry, made pancakes, cleaned the Volcano, started the latest season of Stranger Things, made tacos and painted my nails.

Wed: Continued Stranger Things, made baked ziti.

Thurs: I went to the Upper Valley Humane Society just to look and ended up bringing home an 11 week old black and white girl kitty. It took me a few days but I finally decided to name her Maebel (Granny's middle name was Mae) but I'm still mostly calling her mini kitty. She's very playful but reserved and the girl's seem to be getting along fine even though they were very hissy to start and Quinn forgets how much bigger she is. I'm just so glad they have each other when I'm not home and when I am home, they are very entertaining. I hope they become besties and start snuggling. With that being said, I miss Xander terribly and I would give anything to snuggle him again. I set up the kitten in my spare bathroom but she made it clear from the start she didn't like being in there so she was only contained for a night before being allowed free reign at home. I just have to keep her little potty box in there until she's big enough to learn how to use the cat door. I didn't do much else that day other than dishes and more Stranger Things.

Fri: I did lunch meal prep for this week and watched the final episode of Stranger Things.

Sat: Stuffies, errands, living room workout.

Sun: I cleaned the girls' potty room then went to Windsor to hang out in the Dickerson's pool. 

The last weekend in June is where I'm picking up now...that Saturday I went with the Goss' to Ava's HS graduation party at Eddie's parent's house. It was a lot of fun even though it was hotter than blazes out but that's ok because (assisted by alcohol), Ashley and I jumped in their pool before we left. Lots of laughter, good food and company. After the party, we (except for Adam) went to Christina's house to hang around their firepit. It's been years since I've hung out with all 3 Roberts sisters and it was so nice! Sunday, I vacuumed the house, did some laundry, went to Windsor for a pool date, grabbed some groceries and did a living room workout. Monday, I was supposed to go to Ctown for a hair appointment but Cait had to cancel due to a migraine. I did a pile of dishes, cleaned the cat box room, ran some errands and had dinner with Kelly in Woodstock at a place called Melaza Bistro. It was delish. 

The following weekend was a holiday weekend although it felt like a normal weekend for me. Saturday, I went to my neighbor's son's first birthday party. I vacuumed the house and did a living room workout. Sunday, I ran some errands, grocery shopped, meal prepped and prepared an HOA deposit. Monday, I did the dishes, cleaned my bathroom, went for a walk and washed all my bedding.

The following weekend (weekend before vaca), I picked up Simone and brought her to a summer party in Lyme. Despite Don being there, we had a good time playing corn hole, ladder ball, and riding the giant slip and slide. There was also lots of delicious food and karaoke. I brought her home after a Paper Store date and ice cream for dinner at Fore U because I was on call for 24 starting Sunday morning. We did one long floor case then went home and I got some stuffies done and a living room workout in before coming back in for a VIP patient. Luckily, everything was a ok and we did not have to come back in. Once I got back home, I showered and made the yearly HOA budget so I went to bed very late. I finally made it to my hair appointment Monday morning in a fog of exhaustion but it kinda turned out to be a therapy session which was nice. I got back to town to grab some groceries and get ready for our yearly HOA meeting and the work week. The meeting ran until 9 PM and I was so ready to go to bed. 

 Granny's been gone for a year.

Work has been super busy since my bereavement week. 

Roe v. Wade was officially overturned June 24th by the religious nutjobs on the SCOTUS...a 10 year old who was raped needed to cross state lines to obtain an abortion. Trump and all Trump wannabes need to die.

No comments: