Sunday, January 23, 2022

Cath Lab Nurse Again

 This entry is my last task to accomplish today in an effort to make good use of this long weekend and to ensure I don't have any time related excuse not to start deep cleaning my house tomorrow. Xander's (more on his later) on the mend and he's no longer shedding an insane amount of fur and dandruff so my plan is to start with the living room. A good cleaning has been on my list for months and is long overdue...I haven't deep cleaned the main part of my house since August. Oops. Better late than never, I guess. Tomorrow is the last day of my 4 day weekend. After hiring a bunch of travelers, the hospital decided to end this round of team nursing so my official last day in the CVCC was Wednesday. I had been called off a few shifts and was floated last Monday to patient sit on 5W so my boss gave me Friday off after my 2 unit and 1 lab shifts. Because my schedule has been all over the place, this entry is going to be a little odd but I will do my best. Friday was kind of lazy. I managed to do 2 loads of laundry and have a chat with Xander's new vet. I intended to do a living room work out but I had a genuine hot flash and felt odd afterwards...kind of shaky; like my blood pressure or blood sugar was low. For the first time, I had to rip off my sweatshirt...my hormones are changing I suppose. Yesterday, I went to Barre, an appointment in Newbury, then knocked out my grocery shopping before coming home. I was planning on vacuuming the house and doing a 30 minute living room work out but I ended up talking to Goewey for 3.5 hours. I haven't seen her since before COVID and we haven't talked in a long time so there was a lot to catch up on. Long story short, they are getting divorced. It is sad but ultimately, it's a good thing. They go back to when we were in high school so they are the couple I've known the longest and I've made many, many memories with them. Today, I vacuumed, did laundry, made shepherds pie, ran some errands, did dishes, and worked out. 

I'm going to utilize my vacation bullet form method for the rest of this entry because it's a little easier to outline how my ICU schedule caused life discombobulation. I also may be a little tired and wanting to climb into my clean bed. 

12.25 I was tired from being on call and the weather was shitty so I spent Xmas with my babes!

12.26 I hung out with Denise, Eric and Faith for the day.

12.27 Xander had his last appointment with his former vet then I napped before a night shift.

12.28 I mustered the energy to grocery shop after work before going home to sleep.

12.29 Don't remember...

12.30 I called out and slept til noon (headache). Sent my spit to ancestry and did a pile of dishes.

12.31 Work

1.1 I vacuumed the house and did some laundry.

1.2 Work

1.3 Work and talked to Sherry on the phone. 

1.4 Errands

1.5 HOA business, went for a walk, took a tubby, made a pumpkin cheesecake for work, dishes.

1.6 Slept in, night shift.

1.7 Nap, took Xander to his first new vet appointment, got pizza for dindins. 

1.8 Barre, went to the pharmacy to get eyedrops for X, vacuum, laundry.

1.9 Laundry, meal prep, dishes.

1.10 Cleaned my bathroom and scooted Xander to his vet for SQ fluids. 

1.11 Lab

1.12 Lab

1.13 Errands

1.14 Cleaned their potty room, Xander follow up at his new vet, vacuum, dishes, barre blend, tubby.

1.15 ICU

1.16 Called off from ICU so I made spaghetti sauce and tried a 30 min. HIIT youtube video.  

Now it's time for a Xander update! As mentioned above, I finally decided to switch Xander to Quinn's new vet and boy am I glad I did. The worsening of his fur and skin condition prompted me to take him back to his former vet. The test for ringworm had come back negative so we switched to treating him for skin mites (last dose is tomorrow). They didn't seem concerned about his weight loss and only attempted to get blood work after I suggested it. They stopped trying after he bit someone and brought him back to me in the exam room without acknowledging the fact that I was crying because it sounded like they were torturing him. Nope. Done. Cue the new vet 10 days later after I reached out to them when I noticed his right eye having discharge. They recognized immediately he was in rough shape and started giving him the attention he needed and needs. They were able to do a quick comprehensive exam and get blood and urine without much fuss from him. Since then, I've treated his eye infection with drops successfully vs. unsuccessfully with ointment, started new drops for the eye ulcer, he's gotten a one time dose of SQ fluids for dehydration, and I've switched his diet to low phosphorus non-prescription food and am giving him more to fatten him up because, other than a high white count, his lab work is good. No kidney or thyroid issues. Halle-fucking-lulah. My next goal is try burt's bees cat shampoo to help his coat grow back to it's former glory. I'm also working on getting rid of his fur clumps one day at a time, as he tolerates. My beautiful boy is a fighter and I'm also happy to say he figured out his chip feeder <3. 

Betty White died 2 weeks before her 100th birthday.

It's been a whole year since the attempted coup. I hate Trump with the fire of a thousand suns.

I believe we are on the other side of this current surge (the worst NH has seen). I've seen more COVID patients this past month (ICU and cath lab) than I have the entire pandemic. 

Quinn is getting big :(

No comments: