Tuesday, March 1, 2022

World War 3?

 I just sat through my first State of the Union address. Under normal circumstances, I couldn't care less (yes, I'm embarrassed to admit this), but we are witnessing an unprecedented event unfolding in Ukraine and I really wanted to see how Biden's speech had been rewritten to address the Russian invasion. I am sad, scared, and angry thinking about the audacity of Putin and the suffering and loss of life occurring as I sit here in my warm, safe little house writing this. You know what else is disgusting about this war? Our former "President" referring to Putin as "genius", "smart", and "savvy." Yeah, Let that sink in. I am on call at the moment so I figured I should also attempt to accomplish this considering I failed to do so this past weekend and I'm not going to sleep anyways. Let's just tack on conflict anxiety to call anxiety and away we go. A perfect concoction for a sleepless night. In my defense, however, I had a busy weekend and it appears my weekends moving forward will be pretty social as the virus continues to release its grip in our area. COVID now seems like the least of our worries.

This past Saturday, I vacuumed my house, did some laundry and a laterplay Barre class then hauled Xander to an afternoon vet appointment. I felt like his nose just returned to its normal state after another 30 day round of antibiotic (the first being last summer) and I also noticed his tongue was black last week. Turns out, after receiving an email from my vet today, his black tongue is most likely a rare complication from the antibiotic where his normal oral flora was compromised enough to allow a fungal infection to take hold. She said it should resolve as things normalize. My poor, sweet boy. They also did a nasal culture which was pretty traumatic because they had to wrap in a blanket and he ended up spray peeing across the room. In that moment, I decided his care moving forward would be palliative and as atraumatic as possible. They want me to haul him down to Manchester for specialty services and I just can't do this to him anymore. I also have limited funds. His eye ulcer appears to be healing and I can't bring myself to let someone poke and prod his eye in Manchester. Nope, wrong number. As long as he's eating, drinking, peeing and pooping, I'm happy. Enough is enough. After that, we headed to Windsor to hang out with the Dickersons for the rest of the day. We just chilled and had a ham dinner. I popped over to Ctown to drop off my taxes before heading home. Sunday, I was on call for 10 hours (worked 7 of them...which is good because it covered the vet bill) then met Simone, Dave, and Dave's new gf Tara for dinner at Tuk Tuk. Simone turned 10 years old today. Crazy. We are having a sleepover in a couple weeks. Monday, I had a dental appointment, ran errands and grocery shopped, did a weeks worth of dishes and a 30 minute HIIT workout. 

The previous weekend, I left work early to get a COVID test because I woke up with a sore throat but it was negative. I took an at home test Sunday which also was negative so I guess it was just a cold...my first cold since October 2019. That Saturday, I did Barre, stuffies, and ran errands including groceries...I also ran in to the Dickersons outside PetSmart...I hadn't seen them since early November. I was originally supposed to hang out with them but I decided to keep my cold to myself. Sunday, I did laundry, cleaned my bathroom, meal prepped, and a 30 minute youtube workout. Monday, I deep cleaned my kitchen, did dishes, ran a few errands and took a chilly walk outdoors.

The previous weekend, I did Saturday stuffies and brought Xander for a vet check up (the last one where I had to wait in my car). In my notes for this day, I wrote "living room" and I literally do not know what I meant. I hate it when I do this. It could mean a living room workout so let's just go with that...eye roll emoji. Sunday, I cleaned the babies' potty room them spent the rest of the day at Denise and Eric's feasting on Super Bowl snacks. Eric helped me convert my Microsoft office stuff to the Google equivalent before I went home. Monday, I ran some errands, meal-prepped, did some dishes, chatted with Cora on the phone, and took a bubble bath.

The previous weekend, I vacuumed the house, did a Barre class, took Xander to the vet, and spent the rest of the day in Ctown celebrating Grace's 13th birthday. She had a bunch of friends over and when they all left, we had our adult time in the basement. Sunday, I was on call for 24, worked some during the day but slept at night. I did my monthly HOA duties before retiring for the night. Monday, I did laundry, errands, meal prep, dishes, and a 30 minute workout.

The previous weekend, I did my Saturday stuffies and a laterplay Barre class at home. Sunday, I met Goewey in Concord for lunch at Newicks. It was so awesome seeing her...it had been since the fall 2019. The longest we've ever gone. We laughed a lot and did a little shopping at Target and Walmart to follow. We also facetimed with Helga...I can't even go there because I cannot do her current situation justice. Let's just say I cannot fathom living her life, or even living inside her head. Before we went our separate ways, we made plans to see a concert (I bought tickets to the Lumineers yesterday) and she peeled out of the snowy parking lot in pure Goewey fashion lol. Monday, I meal prepped, did dishes, ran some errands and took a tubby.

The day after my last entry (Monday), I finally deep cleaned my living room. It's a good feeling.

I'm currently on a gangster rap roll because the Super Bowl halftime show was EPIC.

Ahmaud Arbery's killers were convicted of federal hate crimes.

My best friend has a teenager.

I love my babies <3 

 

No comments: