Monday, August 27, 2018

Summer Vaca #2

8.25

Next weekend is Labor Day. So depressing. I wish someone could put a spell on me so I would sleep from November 1st to April 1st. A girl can dream. Anyways, I went back to work Tuesday after the completion of summer vaca #2. On the 11th, my neighborhood had a yard sale from 8 to 2. I put some stuff out and got rid of a few things, not as much as I was hoping, but better than nothing. I got rid of a craft kit, a couple pairs of jeans, my Xander on crack poster, and maybe something else but I can't remember. I offered my next door neighbors my driveway for their stuff so we hung out for the duration, sharing a beer at one point. It started to sprinkle as we started to pack up...good timing. A guy with a young girl and an older woman came to look at the silver bullet shortly after. The woman scrunched her nose at me when I told her how much I was asking. If you don't like it, then leave. And they did after deciding to pass on the car. Sun, Mon, Tues, and Wed I ended up doing my own thing, hanging out at home. I worked out, made a yummy pizza one night and ate lots of ice cream. Monday, I was on standby to head to Ctown because Ashley was bringing Data to the vet, thinking she was going to have to put her down as she was peeing all over the house. The vet treated her for a UTI and put her on some meds and a special diet. Very expensive but Ashley was hopeful that it would buy more time but ultimately the whole family brought her to SAVES that Sunday night to put her down for kidney failure. Very sad :( I wasn't able to be there because I had left for Maine Thursday and got home late Sunday night. It makes me think more about the inevitability of losing Xander and I really can't stand the thought. I don't know how many more years I have but I don't want to leave him for even a night anymore. I just want to be home with him when I'm not at work. With that being said, it was really hard to be in Maine for 3 nights without him. Especially since we were even further away on Moosehead Lake from Friday to Sunday. Thankfully, Dayna loves him almost as much as I do and scooped him up Friday and kept him at her place until Sunday. It was so nice to come home to him at the door and knowing that he wasn't alone that whole time...so worth the almost 8 hour car ride. Despite that, it was fun as we boated Saturday and Sunday. Sunday, the weather was much better which is why we got back to their house later than planned. We also did our usual weekend festivites...eating junk food and drinking. As a side note, I enjoyed my first out of state road trip with the new rig, tentatively named Black Betty, courtesy of Brandi. I got home a little after 1130.

I got the run around with insurance so I just decided to hire Don Roberts to do the job and once it's fixed and I have a final figure, I will submit a formal claim. Our agent told me to talk to the adjuster who came over to take pictures and when I did, he told me that it's out of his hands once he submits the pictures. I never got a formal answer from anybody. I'm so frustrated. They installed the grate in my deck yesterday while I was at work and the rest of the job will be done Monday.

8.27

Picking up where I left off Saturday...I'm sitting here in my bedroom with a finally napping Xander listening to the sounds of construction on my house. I'm finding it very hard to concentrate. As it stands now, the problem most likely has been the slider itself this whole time as everything else appears to have been done correctly. From what they can tell, there is something they saw in the door that could be responsible for this slow leak. The job will be a little pricier as a new door is over a grand but I do feel better knowing that something wasn't done improperly and that with a newer, better door, this shouldn't happen again. I just want this project to be done :( I guess the new door will take a couple weeks to come in so this won't be finished today. But what's a few more weeks when this has been on my mind since October. Anyways. So Saturday night, I went out to celebrate Dayna's 30th a little early as next month will be crazy for her because of Kristy's wedding. We went to Koto's for hibachi (I got more food than anyone else ;) then went to Hanover's Salt Hill for a drink and ukelele entertainment. I have no interest in being out late anymore so it was great to be home by 1030. Yesterday, I went to farm days at the Muster Field Farm Museum in Sutton with the Croteaus lol. After this, I need to find something to do until my oral surgery consult later and supposedly someone is coming to look at the silver bullet. Barre class would also be nice.

The last weekend in July was pretty quiet...I spent it mostly by myself doing my own thing. The BBQ fest was that weekend and I intended to go because BBQ is delicious but it just didn't work out. I probably would have gone if I had known certain people were going as well but the real motivation wasn't there. I think solitude is what I really needed. I saw James and the Giant Peach at Northern Stage Sunday with my Mom, Heather, and Simone (they did a phenomenal job) and I was on call that night but I didn't have to go in which is always welcome. I had an appointment in Newbury that Monday.

The first weekend in August was pretty quiet with the exception of Sunday. I had a beach day at Sunapee with the Birds (no Faith) and Croteaus. It was hotter than balls so it wasn't painful to be in and out of the water. We just hung out and chatted, had Coronis grinders and some beers. I ended up getting Big Fatty's for dinner because I missed out on the BBQ fest the previous weekend.

I always seem to conclude these things with a little discussion about work. I suppose I can maintain this trend. Not too much as this has taken an ungodly amount of time to write because I can't focus. Work has been interesting, to say the least. For various reasons, I've slowly come to the conclusion that my boss is no longer deserving of any respect. I should go into further detail about this elsewhere, and I will, but on company time. This whole dynamic is very reminiscent of high school drama and it's ridiculous. I've come to this conclusion based on his poor anger management (which results in several displays of unprofessional behavior), years of occasional inappropriate things he's said to me, and how certain people are protected and treated much better than others, sometimes at the expense of others. His true colors have been revealed and he is certainly not the person I thought he was. The sight of him grosses me out. I'm not sure what's going to happen but I don't want to leave the cath lab...yet. I suppose I'll just add him to my list of people that need to retire ASAP. In the meantime, I'm minimizing interaction with him as much as possible and keeping a log of unprofessional occurrences as they happen. Why do people like this always win?!

No comments: