Monday, July 23, 2018

Summer Vaca #1 2018

It's really depressing going back to work after a vacation. This time, it seems particularly depressing. I think I may be in a funk and life is getting the best of me. It's my favorite time of year and I'm only back at work for 3 weeks then I have another week off so why am I in a funk? Your guess is as good as mine. I don't deal well with change and, in the past year or so, things have changed in the family (I don't feel like going into detail) and I really don't feel the same about my job as I did in the beginning. The novelty has worn off and reality has set in; I actually was thinking earlier about how the lab has brought out the bitch in me. Part of me likes it but it's really not a good thing. Currently, dealing with my first potentially serious home repair and trying to sell a car I drove for 12 years doesn't help the situation, either. Also, I acknowledge almost daily the fact that Xander is almost 13 and he won't be here forever. When he goes, there will be no preparing me for the deep depression that'll stretch endless in front of me. He's laying next to me so what I need to do is look at him breathing and be happy in the moment. Ok, phew, better.  At the beginning of the summer, I told myself that this will be the summer that never happens and it's proving to be accurate as I can't get my shit together and enjoy it despite my responsibilities. There's still time. Anyways, how did I spend this past week:

It began on a lazy note but I was able to regroup after some rest. I spent the first Saturday evening at the Goss residence hanging out with Ashley and Jen. We did our usual, punctuated by a trip to get fast food. Good times, per usual. Sunday, I went for a run on the rail trail then headed to Hampton Beach (alone) to see Rebelution. Super fun show, luckily I met up with Meg Whyte and her friend. I was tired Monday after 2 late nights so I didn't much other than making a big dish of baked ziti, most of which I ended up eating for the rest of the week. I love pasta. Tuesday, I adulted a little bit (which included calling AAA to jump start the silver bullet because I was too much of an idiot to start it the month it sat in my garage) and went to Barre that evening. Wednesday, I finished Breaking Bad then spent most of the afternoon reading The Radium Girls outside. Thursday, I went to Ctown to hang out with H and S. We went to the humane society, had drinks at the Cantina, then had dinner. Friday, I was kind of a dud. Saturday, I went for a bike ride and explored the new paved part of the rail trail. Yesterday, I went for a run and ran some errands. Today, I meal prepped and finally watched The Last Jedi. I liked it, despite what others have said, even though most of the story line is recycled and very reminiscent of the original trilogy. At the end of this vacation, I was hoping to be more accomplished, but such is life. My car has been posted to Facebook, LetGo, and Craigslist. No real bites. As far as my house is concerned, I'm still waiting to hear from insurance and I've gotten 2 quotes. Greg Dulac was supposed to come again Saturday but he ghosted me. Apparently, he needs to make another assessment before he can quote the job. If he shows up at 8 tomorrow evening, I'm going to be cranky.

Going back to where I left off last entry, that work week was uneventful except for the fact that my day off was Wednesday. It was kind of nice to break things up a little. I got up a little earlier than I normally do that Friday morning in order to buy the Nintendo Classic which was finally back in stores that day. Success, after all this time. Now that I mention it, I did take it out the Friday my vacation started to check it out. It was great to hear Bubble Bobble again. Oh the nostalgia. Now if I can only find a second controller. As of yesterday, sold out everywhere. Unless you want to go to Wal-Mart and give in to their price hike. Bastards. Faith's graduation party was the 30th so I was in Nashua until Sunday afternoon. After a last minute sister chat, I made it home just in time to meet the aforementioned contractor. I liked how he sounded on the phone, but after meeting him in person, he seemed a little dramatic which made me feel a little unsettled about my house situation. Despite that, the party had been fun. Lots of food and drink and the pool felt super nice as NH was hotter than balls that weekend. I wish I had taken pictures. Another contractor came the following day.

July 4th fell on a Wednesday and I spent it at home with Xander. That weekend, I spent doing my own thing. A few weeks before, Becca and I had made plans for her to come visit that Saturday and spend the night. Well, Saturday came and went and I heard nothing from her and she heard nothing from me. Can't say I'm surprised, however, I can say that I was more relieved than upset because it's been years since I've seen her and I really was not interested in doing the slumber party thing. Nope. Sure, I'll meet for a coffee but our ship sailed a long time ago and we are much different people now. I still love her and will cherish the memories we made but times have changed and I hope she is doing well. I ended up getting on my bike that day for the first time this year and followed with a relaxing night at home with X. Monday, I went for a run then headed to Hanover (briefly seeing Sheila) for a summer cut and color. Much needed.

Welp, dinner is calling my name. And I suppose I can fit in an episode of VH1's Behind the Music before I go to bed (and hopefully sleep) to return to reality tomorrow.

No comments: